Safety Vision’s Small Business Team specialise in small to medium businesses who do not require their own full time Health and Safety resource. We understand that compliance in this area is more than red tape and can cause unwanted headaches for employers. Why not let us take that headache away by doing all the work for you.
We cover all your Health and Safety needs to make sure you are fully compliant with the current Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and assist in gaining any accreditations you may require such as:
Safe Systems of Work and Method Statements
Health and Safety Policy, Environmental Policy
Competent Person (required for a business with 5 employees or more)
You maybe unsure as to whether the procedures you already have in place are actually up to date with the current legislation.
This is where we can help you, after one visit from one of our Health & Safety advisors we can undertake a simple audit and give you advice as to where you are going RIGHT and where you are going WRONG.
You are under no obligation to us and we have no lengthy expensive tie in contracts.
Having the right documentation in place can protect you, the employer, from any employee claims and possible legal action as well as any unexpected visits from the HSE or Fire officer whom we will liaise with on your behalf, whilst also reducing the risk of accidents within the workplace therefore protecting your employees, ensuring they have the necessary guidance to deal with their working environment.
We are hands on and will enjoy getting to know your business and employees, working as a team alongside each other causing the minimal disruption to your daily activities
The law states tghat, as an employer, you must appoint someone competent to help you meet your health and safety duties. A competent person is someone with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to manage health and safety
It would be fair to say that businesses of all shapes and sizes may take their eye of the ball when it comes to managing health and safety during these challenging times, but with Compliance Health and Safety you can afford to as we will do all the work for you.
THE MANAGEMENT OF HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK REGULATIONS 1999 STATE:
Every employer shall appoint one or more competent persons to assist him in undertaking the measures he needs to take to comply with requirements and prohibitions imposed upon him by or under the relevant statutory provisions and by Part 2 of the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997.
What do you get?
Your business can benefit from a selection of the following services;
- Initial discussion with a consultant
- A review of your existing Health and Safety policy
- Review existing method statements and risk assessments
- Complete tendering questionnaires on your behalf
- You are entitled to designate us as your "Competent Person" on your corporate literature
- Advice on the phone or via email whenever you need it
- Flexible office visits to produce a review status report
- A training needs analysis for full time employees
- Availability of a consultant to carry out safety inspections
- A consultant to attend scheduled meetings to discuss and advise
- Assistance with CHAS Registration, Constructionline/Safecontractor and SMAS
- Assistance with Health and safety Prequal – questionaires
- A briefing and detailed written report to management on key issues at the end of the review
Vision Safety offer a competent person service to businessesthat don’t have the necessary expertise in house but need a regular expert input – removing the cost of a full time employee.
Why do I need to appoint a safety consultant?
It is a criminal offence if you do not seek competent advice.
We are a resource to be called upon, as and when required, and you are entitled to designate us as your "Competent Person".